Managing people has been a huge part of my life ever since I leapt unwittingly into the HR world. Over the years, I’ve gained heaps of experience and have plenty of useful knowledge to share with anyone managing people for the first time or who wants to get better at what can be a daunting and time-consuming job.
Rooted in research, psychological theory and personal experiences, here are my training topics:
- From buddy to boss: an introduction to what it means to be a manager
- Difficult conversations: how to manage emotions and conflict in a positive way
- Get to know your team: who are they, what motivates them and how to adapt your management style to get the best out of them
- Develop a talent mindset: goal setting to give challenge and enable growth, giving valuable feedback and the impact of reward & recognition
- The career conversation: supporting your team to achieve their personal ambitions
- It’s all about you: how your mindset and behaviours impact people and situations
- Powerful listening: how to really truly listen to create influential relationships
I am always happy to write new modules if there’s a topic you’d like me to teach and I have the expertise.